Tuesday 28 April 2015

My Editors- all forty-five of them..



Some time ago, I promised an update on my children's book but Telling Tales.Growing Up On a Highland Farm took over. Now that it's finished, I'm getting back to the Secret of Cloven Hill. A work in progress title.
I'm very lucky. Two teachers at the Anderson's School in Forres have a writing hour every Thursday for two Primary Three classes and seem happy for me to go along to 'try' out the book on them and to ask for their advice and suggestions.
 I've been very impressed at the way, working in groups of three, they've come up with some great ideas and artwork whilst giving each other a say and place.
Neither were  prompted by sharp elbows or tongues, and already colour and personality have been added to the first character.  It's all very exciting and I hope that when John, my front cover friend meets them, he'll get the same buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment