Tuesday 21 February 2017

B.B.C GROWING UP IN SCOTLAND.

There's to be a documentary on B.B.C.2 Scotland . The series starts on Thursday (23Feb.) 9p.m since you ask. In the absence of that delicious but now sadly finished series, THE MART, it's great that we're to have something else with a Scottish flavour. I'm devoted to ALBA but I've always to be close up to the telly to read the sub titles and can end up cross-eyed
Following the first programme on education, Laura Mitchell is responsible for the second which has home as its subject. She and camera man David Williamson met me at my old childhood farm where a wintry blast kept us and several spectating 'coos', company.
How strange and how clear the memories! Check them out if you like.( 2nd March). I'm unsure what if anything will be used, but I'd certainly recommend Laura's interviewing technique, easy charm and David's photographic skills and mischief.

-- --
Visit my website at:
www.janeyeadon.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Always mischief when you are around. I have missed the programme but will try 'catch-up'. It's sure to evoke many of my childhood memories too, although my home was at the eastern, sandy end of the Laich. - And I am always out on a Tuesday, don't you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always surprising, not to say alarming to see yourself on camera but I thought the programmes have been fascinating with wonderful evocative footage.

    ReplyDelete