Sunday 11 January 2015

The trees that tell the tales.


I photographed these trees last week when January hadn't  consulted  its diary and forgetting to chuck down its sleet ration. The North wind too had gone missing. Today, they're making up for it and I'm hoping my trees can withstand their onslaught. They should. They've been here longer than my seventy years.
When I was growing up, the trees stood near the stack-yard of our upland farm. I used to think that the  bare branches must be like the writing on a witch's spell book and that the two Scots Pines on the moor were an elderly couple.
Recently, they've been  much in my mind. Now, no matter what the weather might decide in the future, the trees will have an assured presence on  Telling Tales' pages.
Visit my website at:
www.janeyeadon.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment