Wednesday 19 October 2016

WITCH WATCH.



-- --
Visit my website at:
www.janeyeadon.co.uk


The other day I visited my old home on the edge of the Dava Moor that wild space between Forres and Grantown on Spey.

Some things have changed but not those larch trees which for me still hold a certain spell.







            Drawn to a sickbed window
witches held sway
      on the green larches of
          a childhood remembered.
           From a storm-tossed pillow
          the watcher heard the crack
         and knock of cone-knuckles
against the glass,
         glimpsed gnarled creatures
 in pointed hats
mounted on steeds
       that moved and bowed,
    tethered to their host
as the child
 held in fever chains.




                               



Many thanks to my pals in the Forres Forwords writing group who are not without a magical way with words of encouragement and advice..
















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I went over the Dallas moor to Aberlour on Monday and the frost had turned the grassy landscape into fairyland.

    Meg Woodward

    ReplyDelete