Tuesday 18 March 2014

My Beautiful Porta-Cabin.

I see Elgin's Moray College are leaving their Forres portacabin premises. It doesn't quite rate as a historical building but I imagine, its thin walls could still tell a story or two. It's been a well used place,and thanks to the College tutors, has, for a good number of years moved the scary world of computers into everyday use by everyday people.
The library was once based here. I'm unsure if it was Mrs Angus who was in charge, but she had all the regal manner of someone who'd be the first line in command if a bomb dropped. There was neither computer, printer or photo-copier. Instead, Mrs Angus's stamp seemed to do the job and sometimes when I pass the building I listen for the sound of it. I wonder what she'd make of the present library's ability to send its users digital book.
-- --
Visit my website at:
www.janeyeadon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment