Sunday 2 March 2014

Scottish Memories.


I got a bit of a surprise the other day. Sometime ago I wrote an article about caring for an old gentleman who was one of my patients when I was district nursing in Forres. Thanks to that nice Paul at Black and White Publishing, who'd originally asked for it, I sent it to him and he must have forwarded it to the Scottish Memories magazine..
I'd kind of forgotten about it until I went into our local newsagent, and there amongst other Scots related journal was a district nurse- and on the cover. It wasn't me and neither were the two cheerful ladies accompanying the article. The photo of one weighing a baby in a net bag was a classic and so was the other of a nurse striding along with a look of  great purpose.
The Queen's Nursing Institute supplied the images and they're having a celebratory 'do' in June in Crieff. Maybe I'll meet those magazine stars then.


-- --
Visit my website at:
www.janeyeadon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment